How Much Is 6 Figures? 7, 8, 9 & 10 Figures Explained
Are you currently wondering how much is 6 figures? Or have you thought about what 7, 8, 9, or even 10 figures are? If you are, you are like many people who often wonder how much each one of those numbers really is and how someone can earn that amount of money.
But what’s the difference between the figures, and what do the figures really mean at all?
This post will go over the key components to 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 figures, the type of jobs people who make that much have the different jobs you can do to make those figures, and the type of lifestyle a person might have earning each figure.
How Much Is A Figure?
Simply put, a figure is the same as a digit or a number. For example, if someone earned $95,000 per year then they would earn 5 figures for that year. Every single number is a figure. The number 234 has 3 figures in it and the number 3431 has 4 figures in it.
Let’s Start With Smaller Figures
To help better understand what 6 figure income is, let’s quickly cover what 4 figure income is. 4 figures equal to 4 digits, and if someone earned 4 figures a year, they would bring in between $1000 and $9999 per year.
Living off 4 figures a year would be difficult because the average cost of rent in the USA is $1,588. Jobs that earn 4 figures would more than likely be an hourly job that is part-time such as a fast-food clerk or a retail associate.
Additionally, if a person earns 5 figures, they will earn between $10,000 and $99,000 per year. Most people in the USA make at least 5 figures each year.
Most graduates who graduate from college start in this income bracket and move up from there. While earning over $90,000 per year is pretty high, many people who earn this amount say that they don’t consider themselves to be rich.
Here are some quick example of 5 figure jobs:
- Bus Driver
- Administrative Assistant
- Human Resource Assistant
- Data Entry Clerk
- Proofreader and Editor
- Restaurant Manager
What Is A 6 – Figure Income Per Year?
How Much Is 6 Figures Per Year?
So what does it mean to have six figures? When someone says that they earn 6 figures per year, they can earn between $100,000 and $999,999 per year. If your goal is to earn 6 figures per year, you would need to earn at least $8333 per month to reach the goal of $100,000 per year. Currently, only 9% of Americans are in this income bracket.
How Much Is 6 Figure In Money?
When a person says they earn 6 figures a year, that means they earn between $100,000 and $999,999 per year. So, if someone had a 6-figure salary, they might bring home $234,000 per year. As you can see, the amount that they bring home is 6 digits.
Keep in mind that when someone says 6 figures, they are directly talking about the dollars and not the cents. So if someone made $,3454.86 for the month, that wouldn’t make it 6 figures because of the 86 cents at the end.
Why Does 6 Figures Matter?
For some having 6 figures might mean creating their dream life and living the life they always have wanted. Earning 6 figures can help individuals pay off a ton of debt and build wealth.
It can also help achieve financial freedom and build generational wealth for the generations after you. While some may think earning 6 figures isn’t a lot it can surely help a lot of people achieve financial success.
What Jobs Make 6 Figures?
There are many jobs that a person can do that earn 6 figures per year, such as an anesthesiologist, who is the individual who sets up local and general anesthesia for medical procedures. On average, they can get paid up to $303,000 per year by doing this job.
Another job that makes 6 figures is a dentist, who is an individual who cleans teeth and helps people prevent major teeth and gum problems. On average, dentists can earn around $137,00 per year. This post will cover in more detail the jobs that earn 6 figures even without a degree.
Some additional jobs that earn 6 figures are:
Is A 6- figure Salary Good?
Depending on your lifestyle, a 6 figure salary can be very good. But currently, only 9% of the USA’s people earn 6 figures per year while 63% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. Despite earning a 6-figure salary per year many millennials who earn 6 figures still feel like they don’t earn enough earning that amount. Things such as debt, bills, and lifestyle will help determine if a 6 figure income is comfortable for each person. After looking at the numbers above, one of the biggest factors to help make living off of 6 figures more comfortable would be setting up a financial plan no matter how much you make each per year.
- Are Six Figures Rich? Six figures can be rich for some people but as stated above, it really depends on the monthly expenses, bills, and living situation per person to determine if having six figures is rich.
What Does A 6 Figure Lifestyle Look Like?
The lifestyle for each person who earns 6 figures will look different depending on a lot of factors such as debt-to-income ratio, the number of people in the household, and the monthly expenses they have to pay each month.
Additionally, the state someone lives in can play a huge factor too. For example, a 6 figure salary would look very different for a person living in Atlanta, Georgia, vs a person living in San Francisco, California. The average amount of rent in San Francisco is $3,500 while the average rent in Atlanta, Georgia is $1,969 per month.
So when you take in all those factors, a 6-figure salary can either be a great lifestyle for some or a low-income lifestyle for others depending on the situation.
Six-Figure Jobs That Require A Degree
Let’s cover the jobs you can do with a degree that earns 6 figures. There are a ton of jobs that a person can look into to earn 6 figures per year. The qualifications for these types of jobs will vary depending on which field you decide to go into. Here is a list of 6-figures jobs that require a degree you can look into.
- Surgeons: For this job, surgeons operate on people to help them become better. They help treat things such as injured patients who may have broken bones and those with internal issues. The highest paying type of surgeons are
- Neurosurgeon- This type of doctor specializes in areas such as trauma to the brain, spine, birth defects, and nerve issues.
- Thoracic surgeon– This type of doctor works on areas such as organs surrounding the chest, the lungs, the heart, and the esophagus. Someone who needs a heart transplant would go see a Thoracic surgeon.
- Orthopedic surgeon- Orthopedic surgeons focus on areas such as the musculoskeletal system. They work on bones and joints.
- Plastic surgeon- This type of surgeon helps individuals change their outer appearance. The focus is on reconstructive procedures.
Average pay per year: $200,00 +
- Actuaries: Actuaries use math to help their clients create a financial plan during times of uncertainty. They help with insurance pension and annuity plans. This job has a great employment outlook and a lot of room to grow. Having a strong background in math and finance is a huge plus in this industry.
Average pay per year: $108,350
- Chemical Engineers: Individuals who have this career work with chemistry, maths, and physics to solve problems related to the production of chemicals.
- Average pay per year: $108, 770
- Airline and Commercial Pilots: Individuals in this field fly airplanes, helicopters, and other aircraft. Airline and commercial pilots differ a little because airline pilots work on a fixed schedule for specific companies. While commercial pilots work for companies that have charter flights and rescue operations.
- Average pay per year: $124,430
- Aerospace Engineers: These engineers make sure the product’s design meets the engineering principles. Daily, they help with the designing and testing of aircraft.
- Average pay per year: $116,500
- Financial Manager: These types of managers offer senior support and perform data analysis of an organization. They are the main ones in charge and oversee most financial decisions.
- Average pay per year: $127, 990
Six-Figure Jobs That Don’t Require A Degree
Did you know you can earn 6 figures without having a degree? As a matter of fact, Michelle, a personal finance blogger, earns well over 6 figures with her blog. So earning 6 figures with a blog is super possible. If you are looking for ways to start a blog but you’re not sure how to start I have a post on my site to help get you started. Click here to check it out.
Here is a list of 6-figure jobs that don’t require a degree to help give you some ideas. Keep in mind the average yearly pay for these jobs will vary depending on the person.
- Bloggers: When I first entered the blogging field I saw a ton of income reports of bloggers who earn $10,000 to $20,000 per month earning well over $100,000 per year. I was shocked that so many bloggers were able to achieve this great goal. During my second year of blogging, I had my first $1k a month, and now I am on track to have my first $5k month.
The key to making money with a blog is narrowing down your niche and finding your target audience. Once you figure out your target audience, create content to help them solve a direct problem that they face at that time.
Some of the best ways to earn money with a blog are through affiliate marketing, working with brands on sponsored posts, working with a publishing company, and selling digital products.
A year after launching my blog I was able to turn it into a profitable business. Since turning it into a profitable business I have been able to create 8 streams of income and I am on track to pay off over $7,000 of debt over the next 3 months.
If you are looking to start a blog, I have a post that shares how to get started. Click here to check it out.
- Air Traffic Controllers: Air traffic controllers give aircraft instructions. They also control all ground traffic at the airport and issue takeoff and landing instructions for the pilots.
- Youtube Influencers: One of the cool things about becoming a YouTube influencer is that you can create videos around your passion and things that you love. YouTube star Ryan Toy Review and his family are amongst the highest-paid YouTube stars.
Now getting in the field may not be the easiest but that doesn’t mean it can’t be done. When you start on YouTube, it’s a great idea to upload 2 to 3 videos each week in your niche. Consistency and having high-quality video content seem to be some of the most important factors to succeeding on YouTube.
There are a lot of different ways a person can make money on YouTube such as working with an ad publishing company, creating sponsored videos for brands, and affiliate marketing.
- Web Developers: Simply put, web developers design and create websites for their clients. This is a creative job that requires some background in website designing. It’s also a huge plus if the designers know how to use platforms such as Canva and Adobe.
They also make sure that the websites that they design are up to speed and don’t have any security issues.
- Elevator Repairer: Elevator repairers specialize in elevator repair, installation, and maintenance. Even though this job can earn a great 6 figure salary each year it does take a lot to do and you have to make sure to stay safe while fixing the different elevators.
What Is A 7 Figure Income Per Year?
How Much Is 7 Figures
If a person earns 7 figures that means that they earn between $1,000,000 to $9,999,999 per year. 7 figures in money is the dollar amount equaling 7 digits.
How Much Is A 7 Figure Salary?
Someone earning a 7 figure salary will earn between $1,000,000 (one million dollars) to 9,999,999 ( under 10 million dollars). When you earn 7 figures, you enter the million-dollar mark in salary.
What Jobs Pay 7 Figures
There are quite a few jobs that have an earning potential of 7 figures. Some of the jobs that have the potential to earn 7 figures are listed below
Is 7 Figures Good?
Earning 7 figures is definitely good because you will be in the million-dollar bracket. When you cross over to the million-dollar mark there are a lot of things that you are able to do, but even at this level I still recommend learning about investing and saving money to stay ahead of financial success.
How Can I Get 7 Figures?
To hit 7 figures, you first must figure out your area of focus. A lot of millions are self-made and create products and services to help their audience solve a direct problem. You will also find millionaires who entertain such as singers, dancers, and actors but even so you have to narrow down your focus to one or two specific areas.
What Is An 8-Figure Income Per Year?
How Much Is 8 Figures?
When you earn 8 figures you will be considered a multi-millionaire. That means you will earn between $10,000,000 and $99,999,999 per year.
How Much Is an 8 Figure Salary?
Salary-wise, someone who earns an 8-figure salary would earn between $10,000,00 and $99,999,999 per year. A lot of these jobs are business owners, entertainers, and online entrepreneurs who turned their crafts into profitable businesses.
What Type Of Jobs Make 8 Figures?
There are a few people who have achieved this goal with hard work and dedication. To get an idea of the type of jobs that make 8 figures look at the list below.
- Actors and Actress
- Sport Athletes
- Business Entrepreneurs
- YouTube Influencers
- Fashion Designers
Who Makes 8 Figures?
According to Forbes below are some examples of some of the top-earning individuals earning 8 figures.
- Dwayne Johnson who made 87.7 million dollars in 2020
- Ryan Reynolds who made 71.5 million dollars in 2020
- Mark Wahlberg who made 58 million dollars in 2020
What Is A 9-Figure Income Per Year?
How Much Is 9 Figures?
When you hit 9 figures that means you earn at least $100,000,000. So 9 figures are digits leading up to a total of 9 numbers, which means you earn 100 million dollars per year.
A lot of individuals in the income brackets are in the entertainment industry, self-made business industry and may have inherited wealth passed down from family. To earn at least $100,000,000 a year, a person would need to earn $8,333,333 per month.
What Type Of Jobs Make 9 Figures?
Types of jobs that earn 9 figures are jobs such as business owners, sports athletes, singers, actors, and self-made entrepreneurs. To earn 9 figures that mean you are bringing home at least $100 million dollars each year, and when you look at $999 million dollars that means you are only one million away from becoming a billionaire.
Some 9-figure jobs include
- Entertainment (actors, singers, dancers, etc)
- Top-notch business owners
Additional People Who Earn 9 Figures
If you are wondering who actually earns 9 figures check out the list below.
- Kanye West: $170 Million
- Kylie Jenner $590 Million
- Lionel Messi: $104 Million
What Is A 10-Figure Income Per Year?
How Much Is 10 Figures?
When you earn 10 figures you are at the top of the tier and have entered billionaire status. Currently, only 0.08 percent of the world are billionaires. China stays at the top for the country with the most billionaires while the USA comes in second. According to Statista most billionaires are self-made which was super surprising to me.
What Does 10 Figures Mean In Money?
In money, 10 figures is a 10 digit number. The 10 figures range from 1,000,000,000 to 9,999,999,999 in number form. These individuals are some of the wealthiest people in the world.
People Who Earn 10 Figures
There are quite a few billionaires in the public eye such as Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Warren Buffet, Alice Walton, and Larry Page. These billionaire giants currently hold the title of the richest people in the world.
As you can see there are a lot of different figures a person can earn each year. This post covered 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 figures of income in more detail.
If a person wants to increase their income to earn one of the figures covered in this post I highly suggest picking up a side hustle. Side hustles are a great way to make more money each month and a great way to meet your income goals each month. Some of my favorite side hustles to help increase income are proofreading, tutoring, virtual assistant, and selling unwanted things around the house.
Additionally, I also recommend paying off as much debt as possible, as debt can take a lot of your monthly income if a person owes a lot. So, if you have a dream of one day earning 6, 7, 8, 9, or even 10 figures, always remember it is possible, but it will take hard work, dedication, and perseverance.