Looking for ways to side hustle and make extra money?
or are you looking to pay off debt, or increase your savings?
Last year I started researching different ways to make extra income to start paying off extra debt. While working full-time teaching, I decided to pick up some side hustles to save extra money. Over the course of months, I ended up saving around $300 -350 per month doing different side jobs. The best thing about making extra money on the side is that some of the jobs were actually fun and interesting and didn’t require a lot of time. Some of the jobs didn’t even require me to leave my home. Below I have listed over 5 side jobs I’ve done to increase my monthly income that you can do to. 🙂
1. Start A Blog: Yoooo! Starting a blog has been one the best decisions I made thus far. Not only can I make a living doing what I love but I get to meet amazing new people on the journey! I recently just did an interview with Kristin from Believe in A Budget and she shares how she made over $60,000 with her blog this YEAR! Whattttt!! Yup, over $60,000 with her blog! Check out her interview Here! So, if you are looking to start up a blog check out my step by step tutorial on how to get started today by clicking here. Wanna see how I make income from blogging? –> Check out my “5 Ways To Make Money Blogging” post by clicking here!
2. Surveys: About a year ago I started looking into different survey sites to make extra money and some of the ones I found turned out to be AMAZING!!!. While working a full-time job I was able to make extra money and gift card rewards from different survey sites daily. Last year I was able to pay for all my Christmas shopping with the help of this side hustle! Below are some of my favorite survey sites to earn gift card rewards and/or extra money online. Below are some of my TOP faves survey sites to earn extra money and rewards!
3. Website Testing Sites: I started testing websites last year, and I really like how fast I could earn extra income. Each testing site varies in terms of income. Some will pay you $10 while others might pay you $12 per test so, it depends on which ones you qualify for during that time. It should take about 15 to 30 minutes to complete each task depending on the test. Test assignments vary, but a person could make an extra $100 or more per month completing the different tests, which normally pays via PayPal.
4. Focus Groups: Focus group are another way to side hustle. Recently, I participated in a focus group for a new mascara product. I had to test out the new mascara for a week and give my opinion of the product at the end of the study. I also received a $50.00 Visa Gift card for my opinions on the product! Woo hoo! I normally like to do about 1 to 2 Focus groups a month. Below are my favorite focus group websites.
5. Virtual Assistant: About a couple of months ago, I started doing a remote Marketing Assistant gig for an on- demand storage company. Basically, I performed marketing- related tasks and assisted in the coordination of the events all while working from home. I made $15 hr and work this job after I got off from my full-time job. It didn’t take a lot to complete the tasks and I was in the comfy of my own home. Listed below are some Virtual Assistant job platforms.
6. Brand Ambassador: As a Brand Ambassador I was hired to promote brands in a positive light to the public while providing consumers with a memorable face to face experience. When new events came to my town I was hired by promotion companies to help assist them with the different tasks to make sure the events ran smoothly. The best thing about being a brand ambassador was that I could work weekends and get paid around $100 per day for the event. Pretty Neat, Right?! Below are some of the Brand Ambassador companies I have worked with.
7. Background Actor in TV & Film: Yup! That’s right I have done a ton of background actor work in my hometown and surrounding areas of Chicago. I have worked with television shows such as The Boss, Chicago PD, Empire, Chicago Fire, Sense 8 and more. I make anywhere between $75 to $150 per day depending on the background role. The casting companies normally have a great lunch or dinner set up for the background actors as well. To find these roles I normally go on Facebook and search the casting companies in Chicago and get updates every day on the new roles. When looking for opportunities around the world I normally get email updates from a company called, Audition Free. You can check them out HERE. Please note, you will NEVER have to pay to be an extra/ background in any movie, commercial or television show.
8. Drive Your Car: Yes! You can make money by driving your car around your city. Now, this will vary from city to city but I know a lot of different people who make great extra income by picking up and dropping people off! Below are different ways to make extra income with your car.
9. Teach or Tutor: As a former substitute teacher, I was thrilled to find out about the different education based work from home jobs. Below are different ways to make extra money in the education field.
10. Make Money With Your Phone: This is one of the coolest ways to make extra income and you can do it right from your phone. You can download some of the apps listed below and start earning money today. Some of the payouts may be small, but every little bit counts, right?
Also if you are Looking for a way to manage your finances like a ROCKSTAR…..
Check out Personal Capital! This site is one of the best FREE financial tools you can find online to help manage your finances and achieve a secure retirement. I love it and it’s FREE! Check them out here!
. This post may contain affiliate links