Chances are, you are currently looking for the highest paying plasma donation centers. This post is for you if you are currently looking for the best and highest-paying plasma donation center. Donating plasma has become very popular amongst people looking for supplemental income and is also a fantastic way to help people in need. As a side hustle coach, I often research and find new ways for my readers and clients to make extra money, and the most recent side hustle I came across is – donating plasma. In addition, many plasma centers offer bonuses and incentives that can increase your payment after donating. This side hustle has become more popular over the last few years.
This side gig isn’t for everyone, but it is a great one to look into to help others and make extra money. So if you are interested in donating plasma, this post will share some of the best places to look into, and it will also cover some additional information about each plasma center.
What Is Plasma?
According to American Red Cross, about 55% of our blood is plasma, and about 92% is water. The plasma is the liquid part of blood.
What Are Donated Plasmas Used For?
According to American Red Cross, people who experience critical illnesses, severe burns, and trauma can lose a large portion of blood, and plasma donations can help provide the added blood volume needed to restore the patient’s blood pressure and volume.
Who Can Donate Plasma?
There are some requirements to donate plasma. The requirements vary for each donation center location. So make sure to read the guidelines on the official plasma donation center website you are interested in donating to. Here are some of the basic requirements to be considered to donate plasma.
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must pass a medical exam
- Complete a medical history screening
- Have a valid and current government ID
- Have a social security card
Highest Paying Plasma Donation Centers Near Me
1. CSL Plasma
CSL Plasma is one of the largest plasma collection networks in the world. They have 300 plasma collection centers in the USA, China, and Europe and over 12,000 employees. If you are looking to donate plasma, this is a great option to look into because they have multiple centers.
The CSL Plasma headquarters is in Boca Raton, FL, and is a division of CSL Behring. They have state-of-the-art facilities that ensure donors’ safety, which also makes the donating process easy for the donor. In addition, the laboratories test millions of plasma samples each year which also helps ensure the safety of the plasma.
If you are thinking about donating to CSL Plasma, some things to bring with you are valid Government identification, proof of social security number, proof of local residency, and any coupons you may find on the website. To find out more of the required documents to bring, click here.
One of the things that I found interesting about CSL Plasma is that the first donation will be used after the second donation is completed with this center. So it’s highly suggested to donate two times, donating plasma for the second visit will take less time, according to CSL Plasma.
How Much Do First-Time Donors Get At CSL Plasma?
Most donors receive an estimated $45-$50 from CSL Plasma for the first donation, but this will vary depending on location. Additionally, qualified new donors could receive as much as $1000 for their first month with CSL Plasma.
They also offer special coupons and an IGive Rewards program to earn points that can be redeemed for gift cards. Remember that rewards and programs will vary depending on the location, so call the preferred location you are looking to donate to get more payment information.
How Much Does CSL Plasma Pay For Plasma?
Donors can receive up to $1000 for plasma donation. Payment and promotion will vary depending on the location of the center. Make sure to ask the center manager of the preferred donation location for more information about pay.
How Often Can I Donate Plasma At CSL Plasma
CSL Donation Center follows the U.S. FDA regulations, which states you can donate once in a two-day period and no more than two times in seven days.
Pre-Donation Tips At CSL Plasma
The CSL Plasma website has common tips to help with pre-donation. Some of the recommended tips include:
- Make sure to eat a full meal before your donation session.
- Get a good amount of sleep.
- Drink 4 to 6 glasses of water or any other caffeine-free liquid at least 2 to 3 hours before your donation appointment.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages 24 hours before you are set to donate.
The Process To Donate At CSL Plasma?
Here is what you can expect on your first visit at one of the CSL Plasma donation centers.
- First, the staff will ask you for a valid photo ID such as a driver’s license, proof of current address, and your social security card.
- Then the medical staff will ask you medical questions, review your medical history and then conduct a physical exam to confirm eligibility to donate.
- Once your eligibility is confirmed, you will be able to start the process of donating. After donating, you will be compensated for your time.
The usual time to donate plasma at CSL Plasma the first time is 2 to 2 ½ hours depending on the location. If you are interested in donating, CSL Plasma Center is a great option to look into because they have many locations and state-of-the-art facilities. To find locations near you, click here.
2. BioLife Plasma
BioLife Plasma is one of the leading high-quality plasma centers in the world. They have many plasma centers throughout the USA and Europe. This center is focused on safety and strives to have the best safety measures for donors. Their primary mission is to provide the highest-quality plasma to meet their customers’ every expectation.
How Much Does BioLife Plasma Pay For Plasma?
Since Plasma can’t be reproduced synthetically, BioLife offers payment to their donors. Their official website says to contact your local center for specific compensation information. While terms and conditions apply, qualified donors can earn up to $900 for donating plasma in their first month.
They do provide a prepaid BioLife debit card which is a Mastercard. The Biolife debit card is issued to the donors after their donation session. Gaining access to the debit card lets the donors access their funds when they are available. The prepaid card is loaded with a payment every time a donor donates to the center automatically. The prepaid card can be used everywhere that debit Mastercards are accepted.
Who Can Donate Plasma To BioLife Plasma?
To donate plasma to BioLife, you must pass all required eligibility criteria set by BioLife, be 18 years old, and weigh at least 110 lbs.
How Often Can I Donate Plasma At Biolife?
According to their website, healthy individuals can donate plasma twice within seven days, with at least one day between each donation session.
How Long Does It Take To Donate Plasma At BioLife?
The whole process can take around two hours on the first visit, and for repeated donors, it takes an hour to finish the session.
The Process To Donate At BioLife Plasma?
If you choose BioLife Plasma as your plasma center, here is what you can expect on your first visit.
- You must do a pre-donation screening every time you donate plasma to BioLife Plasma.
- If you pass the screening process, a medical professional will conduct a medical screening to check your vitals and take a small amount of blood from you to measure protein. This will confirm if you can donate at the center.
- After you have passed the pre-donation screening, the medical screening, and the physical exam, you will be able to donate.
- After your donation, you will be compensated for your time.
So, if you are looking for high-quality centers to donate plasma, consider BioLife Plasma. To find a location near you, click here.
On your journey of finding the highest paying plasma donation centers, you can look into KedPlasma. KedPlasma was founded in 2004, and they specialize in the collection of high-quality plasma. KedPlasma has over 900 employees and over 25 plasma centers in the United States. If you are interested in donating plasma to this center, here is the basic donor process;
- Complete a pre-screening physical exam.
- Complete screening questions with staff at KedPlasma.
- Once you pass the verification process, the medical team at KedPlasma will conduct a medical & physical exam by the medical staff. If both exams are passed, you will be able to donate.
- When the procedure is complete, you will be compensated for your time.
How Much Does KedPlasma Pay For Plasma?
Each KedPlasma center has different compensation. Contact your preferred center directly to find out more information about a specific center and the payment amount.
Who Can Donate Plasma To KedPlasma?
With plasma collection, Kedplasma follows the highest standards to ensure safety. To participate in the KedPlasma program, they do have requirements. Some of the criteria to be considered to donate plasma are:
- Must be 18 years old
- Must weigh at least 110 lbs
- Provide proof of residency
- Provide valid and current government-issued photo ID
- Provide a Social Security Card
To find out more of the requirements to donate plasma to KedPlasma, click here.
4. BPL Plasma
From my research, BPL Plasma is one of the highest paying plasma donation centers. BPL Plasma is a part of the UK-based Bio Product Library. They have been a global leader for over 25 years in the plasma collection industry. They are recognized in the US and other countries worldwide for providing high-quality service. They are committed to continuous research to stay one of the leaders in the plasma industry.
All of their plasma centers are FDA regulated and follow all the FDA guidelines. Moreover, the staff at BPL Plasma guide donors during the process to make sure everything is smooth.
Who Can Donate Plasma To BPL Plasma?
The BPL plasma center requires all potential donors to have proof of address, social security card, and a state-issued ID such as a driver’s license. After that, they require that you be between the ages of 18-65, weigh at least 110 lbs, and are in good health.
How Much Does BPL Plasma Pay For Plasma?
According to BPL Plasma, active donors can earn up to $300 a month. Keep in mind this amount will vary depending on the location of the BPL Plasma center that you choose. Additionally, BPL Plasma has promotions for first-time donors each month. You can call the BPL Center near you to learn about the current promotions and bonuses they may have at that time.
The Process To Donate At BPL Plasma?
The process is straightforward at BPL Plasma. Here are the steps you will take during your visit at a center.
- The staff at BPL Plasma center will check to make sure you have all required documents such as a social security card, a valid and current state-issued ID, and proof of current address.
- You then are asked to fill out a questionnaire that covers your medical history and your health status at that time.
- After the questionnaire, a qualified medical professional will give you a physical exam, and a photo will be taken for your file.
- Then a small blood sample will be taken to check your iron and protein levels.
- After the screening process is complete and eligibility is confirmed, you will be ready to start the actual donation process.
- After completing the donation process, you will be rewarded for your time.
To find out more information about BPL Plasma, click here.
5. Gcam Plasma
If you looking for the highest paying plasma donation centers check out Gcam Plasma. The GCam plasma team are professionals in the plasma industry. They currently have multiple plasma centers throughout the USA. All their facilities are licensed and follow the FDA rules and guidelines.
Additionally, both federal and state agencies do routine checkups to ensure the safety of each GCam Plasma Center. The main focus of this company is to provide a high-quality experience for the donors to ensure satisfaction and safety.
Who Can Donate Plasma To Gcam Plasma?
To donate at Gcam Plasma, you must be between 18 to 70 years old, weigh at least 110 lbs and be in good health. They also require that you have a social security card, proof of current address, and a valid and current photo ID such as a driver’s license.
How Much Does Gcam Plasma Pay For Plasma?
Currently, Gcam Plasma pays between $25 to $30 for each donation, and donors can donate twice a week.
The Process To Donate At Gcam Plasma?
To prepare for your visit at Gcam Plasma, here are a few things to expect.
- If you are a first-time donor, you will be required to bring all the required documents, such as a valid ID, social security card, and proof of current residency.
- After completing the verification, you will undergo a physical examination at the center. The health care professional will check for your pulse, blood pressure, and heartbeat during the examination. The medical team will also ask you a list of medical questions to determine your current health status.
- Once you pass the verification and health exam process, you will be able to donate. After that, you will be paid for your time.
To learn more about the donation process at Gcam Plasma, check out the video below or click here to go to the official website.
6. Octapharma Plasma
Octapharma Plasma collects plasma and is a U.S.-based company. They have 80 centers throughout the USA with over 3,500 employees. This company is part of Octapharma AG -the largest maker of plasma products globally.
They strive to provide a safe and positive experience for their donors at every location. Octapharma Plasma focuses a lot on the cleanliness of their facilities and the customer service of each center to make the process easy for the donors.
Who Can Donate Plasma To Octapharma Plasma?
You have to be between 18 to 66 years old, weigh at least 110 lbs and be in good health to donate at this center. You can donate two times within seven days. So, if you donate on a Tuesday, you can donate again on a Thursday.
How Much Does Octapharma Plasma Pay For Plasma?
Currently, Octapharma Plasma has a promotion for first-time donors on their website. First-time donors can receive up to $1000 for donating.
Rewards and payments vary depending on location. Additionally, all donors can take advantage of the promotions and bonuses and earn up to $700 in one month. Donors that donate multiple times can win prizes during the promotions.
To see the current promotions, check out the Octapharma promotion page. Also, you can call the nearest Octapharma Plasma center near you to learn about the current payment for donors.
The Process To Donate At Octapharma Plasma?
Here are a few things you can expect during your visit at Octapharma Plasma.
- During your first visit to Octapharma Plasma, the staff at the center will make sure you have all the required documents, such as a valid photo ID, social security card, and proof of address.
- After you pass verification, the staff will have a video for you to watch about plasma donation and the process.
- After that, you will get a check-up, get screened, and then answer a list of health questions to see if you are eligible to donate.
- After completing your visit, your payment will be uploaded onto your Octapharma Plasma Visa debit card. Which can be used anywhere Visa is accepted.
To find an Octapharma Plasma center near you click here.
How Much Does Plasma Donation Pay?
Usually, the amount of money you can make with a plasma donation will depend on a few factors, such as your location and how much you weigh. However, according to Money.com, the average payment a person can receive from a Plasma donation is between $50-$75. Also, many companies offer added incentives and bonuses for donors.
Which Plasma Donation Center Pays The Most Right Now?
CSL Plasma has the highest earning potential at $1000 for qualified new donors with their promotion. Additionally, overall, active donors can earn up to $300 a month with BPL Plasma.
How Do I Get Paid For Donating Plasma?
Payment will vary depending on the center and location, but most plasma centers pay donors with a reloadable prepaid card.
How Often Can You Donate Plasma?
American Red Cross suggests that you wait 28 days after donating plasma to donate again. However, many private donation centers follow the FDA rules guidelines for how often someone can donate plasma.
According to the FDA, only 1 donation is allowed within’ 48 hours and no more than 2 donations in seven days.
Is Money From Donating Plasma Taxable?
The money you receive from donating plasma is taxable and falls under self-employment tax. So make sure to learn about self-employment tax on the official IRS website to avoid a huge tax bill at the end of the year.
Additional Resources For The Highest Paying Plasma Donation Centers
Additional Ways To Make Extra Money
1. Complete Tasks on Swagbucks
Swagbucks is one of my favorite sites to make extra money on the go. Since joining Swagbucks in 2016, I have made over $7,000 with this reward site. Some of the tasks you can complete on this site are:
- Complete surveys
- Watch videos
- Read Emails
- Refer others to the site.
Sign up for Swagbucks and get a free $10 bonus.
2. Shop Online With Rakuten
When you download the Rakuten chrome extension, you can get paid for the online shopping you do in-person and online. For example, I have earned over $250 by shopping with the Rakuten app activated, and my payment was sent via PayPal.
Click here to sign up for Rakuten and grab a $10 bonus.
3. Complete Surveys On Inbox Dollars
Inbox Dollars is an excellent site that is very similar to Swagbucks. With Inbox Dollars, you can get paid to read emails, complete surveys, and much more. With this site, you get paid via PayPal and receive your payment within 3 to 5 business days. To check out Inbox Dollars and grab a free $5 dollar bonus click here.
4. Shop With Field Agent
If you love shopping, you can get paid to shop with Field Agent. With this app, you can accept shopping gigs, complete tasks at your local stores, and get paid. Check out Field Agent by clicking here.
Final Thoughts On The Highest Paying Plasma Donation Centers Near Me
Donating plasma can be a great way to make extra money, but I always recommend talking with your doctor to ensure it’s a good option for you. To further your research, explore each center listed in this post because not all centers listed are located in each state. Conducting research will help you understand which center is best for you.
While someone probably can’t get rich by donating plasma, it can be a great side gig to supplement income to help others in need. So, if you are looking for the highest paying plasma donation centers this post provides 7 legit ones that you can look into. Have you ever donated plasma to make extra money? If so, let us know how the process was for you.
i earned 700$ after 8 donations at Biolife
Latasha Peterson says
That’s so awesome! Congrats. 🙂
I regularly go to Biolife plasma donation and get 700$ in 8 donations
Latasha Peterson says
wow, now that’s amazing!! Thanks for sharing. 🙂