Are you currently looking to convert Visa gift cards to cash or have you ever gotten a Visa gift card from one of your side hustles but needed cash instead? Yup, I have been there too.
While Visa gift cards are a great option when you are looking for gifts, there might come a time when you might need the cash instead. When I participated in a focus group some years ago, they gave us Visa gift cards at the end for our participation. Some of the people in the focus group actually said they wanted cash instead.
To help give you a better understanding of all the awesome ways you can convert a Visa gift card to cash, this post will go into more detail about some of the best ways to convert Visa gift cards into cash when you need money.
It will also cover some of the best ways to transfer a visa gift card to a bank account.
How Can I Cash In A Gift Card?
If you are looking for ways to exchange your gift card for cash, you can actually do that online. One of the faster and legit ways you can get cash for a Visa gift card is by selling it on platforms such as Gift Cash.
With this site, you can sell your unwanted gift cards by submitting the gift card’s corresponding merchant and balance. After that, Gift Cash will submit an offer to you, and if you accept the offer, they will process your payment and send you cash.
You can also check out selling your unwanted gift cards on Gift Card Granny. This site has been seen in Forbes, NBC News, Oprah Magazine, and much more.
Can You Transfer Money From Visa Gift Cards To PayPal?
Using the Card Cash website, you can sell your unwanted gift cards and get money for them. According to the PayPal site, you can transfer money from a gift card right into your balance on PayPal.
Keep in mind that you will have to buy another merchant’s gift card with your Visa gift card first and then upload that gift card onto the Card Cash website.
From my knowledge, it looks like the Card Cash website only accepts gift cards from stores such as Target, Walmart, Jewels-Osco, etc. Therefore, you will have to purchase a gift card with your Visa gift card from one of the accepted Card Cash merchants.
How To Transfer a Visa Gift Card To A Bank Account
While you can’t directly transfer a Visa gift card to a bank account, there are some ways to achieve getting it as cash, such as transferring the Visa gift card onto your PayPal balance and then transferring the PayPal balance to your bank account. This post will share some additional ways you can achieve this.
9 Ways To Transfer Money From A Visa Gift Card To A Bank Account
1. Add It To Your PayPal Balance
If you are looking to convert a Visa gift card to cash, try using PayPal. PayPal uses the Card Cash website to help individuals transfer gift cards to their PayPal balance.
If you use the PayPal option, you will have to purchase another gift card with the Visa gift card first. Due to the fact that Card Cash only accepts gift cards from stores and restaurants, you will have to purchase a gift card from one of their accepted merchants first.
Once you do that, you will be ready to go. Here are the instructions on how to convert your gift card to PayPal cash using Card Cash. With this method, you will be able to transfer a Visa gift card to a bank account.
1. Go to the website Card Cash and click on the “Sell gift cards” option. Enter the merchant’s name and the balance on the gift card. Then click “Get Offer.”
2. When you get an offer, you will see the PayPal amount you can exchange the gift card for right on the site.
3. If you agree with the amount, all you have to do is click “Get Cash” and then select how you would like to get paid. If you want the PayPal option, click “PayPal Express.”
4. Enter your gift card number and pin. Then click “Connect with PayPal.” Log onto your PayPal account and fill out the required fills and then click “Get My PayPal Balance.”
Check out PayPal to see the same instructions and more details on how to transfer money from gift cards to your PayPal balance.
Once you have received your payment and it’s added to your PayPal balance, you can transfer it to your bank account. You have the option to transfer it immediately or transfer it within 3 to 5 business days.
One of the best things about PayPal is that it is very secure and has protection to guard against any scammers.
Additional Ways To Earn PayPal Gift Cards
- Swagbucks: Swagbucks is one of my favorite rewards programs. On this site, you can earn points by completing tasks such as watching videos online, completing surveys, and shopping online. When you are ready to redeem your points on the Swagbucks website, you can redeem the points for PayPal and store gift cards. Since joining Swagbucks 4 years ago, I have earned $4,000. Check out Swagbucks by clicking here.
- Ibotta: Ibotta is one of my favorite cash-back apps. With this app, you can upload your receipts from your shopping run and earn money back. Once you hit $25, you can cash out for a PayPal gift card. Check out Ibotta by clicking here.
- Rakuten: Rakuten is a cash-back site where you can earn money back from your online and in-store purchases. Rakuten partners with over 2000 stores to help you get the most back while shopping. Check out Rakuten by clicking here.
2. Pay Your Bills With Your Visa Gift Card
Some companies actually allow you to use a visa gift card to pay your monthly bill.
If you aren’t sure if you can use a Visa gift card to pay one or more of your monthly bills, call the customer service team of the bill you are looking to pay. All you have to do is ask them if they do and go from there.
3. Add It To Your Venmo Account
Another awesome way to convert a Visa gift card to cash is by adding it to your Venmo account. Not a lot of people know this but Venmo actually allows their users to add Visa gift cards to their Venmo accounts.
How do I transfer a Visa gift card to my bank account on Venmo?
Here is how to transfer a Visa gift card to your Venmo account:
- Go to your Venmo app.
- Click on “Settings” and then click “Payment Method.”
- Click “Add bank or card.”
- Type in your Visa gift card information and click “add card to your account.”
Once you do that, you will be able to transfer your funds to your bank account. If you come across any issue, simply reach out to the Venmo support team for help.
4. Buy A Money Order With The Visa Gift Card
Places such as Walmart let you purchase a money order using a Visa gift card. Keep in mind this can vary depending on the location, so make sure to call the Walmart you are going to visit to make sure this option is available in your area.
Once you receive your money order, you can deposit it into your bank and use it as cash. If you aren’t sure how a money order works, check out this article by Nerd Wallet. It goes through everything that you may need to know before getting started with getting a money order.
5. Sell It On The Raise App
Another way to convert a Visa gift card into cash is by selling it on an app called Raise. Raise is a site where you can sell your unwanted gift cards with ease.
It’s really simple! All you have to do is find all your unwanted gift cards then list them to sell on the platform. Lastly, you will get paid either via Check, PayPal, or by direct deposit when someone buys the gift card.
Raise is an amazing site if you have unwanted Visa gift cards or any other gift cards from stores such as Target, Amazon, and Walmart. In addition to selling unwanted gift cards on the site, you can save money when you buy other gift cards on their site.
You can also check out their coupon section to find some of the latest deals on popular stores and brands.
6. Sell The Visa Gift Card Online
In addition to Raise.com, there are some additional sites that you can sell your Visa gift cards on. Check out the sites below.
- Gift Card Granny: This site has been seen in places such as Forbes, NBC, and Oprah Magazine. On this site, you can sell your unwanted gift cards, and it’s not limited to just Visa gift cards. You can sell any type of gift cards from stores you may have laying around your house. Click here to check out Gift Card Granny.
- Gift Cash: Like Gift Card Granny, this site lets people sell their unwanted gift cards and send them payment for it. This site is great because they are constantly updating their list of accepted merchants. So if you happen to have a gift card that isn’t on their list, you can just let them know and they will look into adding them to the list.
- Card Cash: With Card Cash, you can sell your gift cards on this site or buy discount gift cards to save money quickly.
- Game Flip: Game Flip is another site where you can sell unwanted and non-reloadable gift cards to earn cash.
7. Give The Visa Gift Card Away As A Gift
Another great way to convert Visa gift cards to cash is by giving them away as a gift. One of the great things about Visa gift cards is that they can serve as a “cash” gift. If you are attending a special occasion such as a birthday or baby shower, you can give a Visa gift card to the person.
The person will be able to use the gift cards like cash to purchase the items of their choice. This is a great way to give someone a gift that is similar to money. Instead of giving someone something like cash in a card, you can simply put the Visa gift card in a special card and give it to them as a gift.
8. Sell It On Facebook Marketplace
If you are looking to convert Visa gift cards to cash consider joining Facebook Marketplace to sell them. You can check out Facebook Marketplace to sell and buy unwanted gift cards. This is a pretty awesome way to get cash in exchange for unwanted gift cards.
My recommendation for selling on Facebook Marketplace is to make sure to put up high-quality images of the gift cards you want to sell. Additionally, make sure you know the correct balance on the card before you post it.
My recommendation for buying items on Facebook Marketplace is to first make sure to read reviews of the seller. Ideally, you want someone with 5 out of 5 stars.
You can see a seller’s rating by clicking on the item that they are selling and looking under the seller information. If someone has a bad rating, skip getting any items from that person to save yourself the headache.
9. Use The Reselling Method With Your Visa Gift Card
With the reselling method, you can buy something with the Visa gift card from a store and then sell the item online to earn cash. Since this takes a few more steps, I put this one last on the list.
To make this work, you have to purchase an item from a store and resell it. Most of the time, sellers will find items that are marked down at stores such as Walmart or Target and sell them online for a slightly higher price for profit. This normally happens after the holiday season when stores markdown items.
A lot of time people will purchase the items for a discounted price and are able to sell the item for a higher price on Amazon. There are a lot of sellers making great money doing this side hustle, and it could be a way for you to convert Visa gift cards to cash.
How Can I Get Money Off Of A Gift Card?
One of the easiest ways to get money off a gift card or convert Visa gift cards to cash is by going on sites such as Gift Card Granny and Gift Cash and selling the cards. On these sites, you have the opportunity to sell your unwanted gift cards and earn money pretty quickly.
What Visa Gift Cards Can Be Used At An ATM?
If you currently have a Visa gift card and want to know if you can use it directly at an ATM, the short answer is no. Because these types of gift cards are coded to be used in stores or at restaurants, you can’t directly get money from an ATM from them.
You can, however, use some of the methods listed in this post such as selling the gift cards for cash on places such as Facebook Marketplace or Gift Card Granny.
Can You Turn A Visa Gift Card Into Cash In Hand?
If you are looking to trade in your Visa gift card for cash, the options listed in this post will help you get started. While you can’t go up to an ATM to try and get cash for it, you can try some of the options listed in the post such as selling your gift cards on platforms such as Facebook Marketplace.
I recently did a Facebook search on their marketplace and saw quite a few people who were selling their unwanted gift cards. Remember to always check the reviews of each seller or buyer to make sure they are legit.
Can You Transfer Money From a Gift Card To A Debit Card?
The short answer is no, you can’t directly transfer money from a gift card to a debit card. However, you can add to your PayPal balance using Card Cash. Remember to take a look earlier in this post for full instructions on how to achieve this.
Additionally, you can also look into selling the gift cards on places such as Gift Card Granny to get cash for the gift cards.
Can I Sell A Visa Gift Card To Other People
Yes, if you choose to, you can definitely sell a Visa gift card that you have and don’t want to other people. Places such as Facebook Marketplace and Gift Cash let you sell your unwanted gift cards and get cash for them.
You can even sell them to your family and friends if you don’t want them. If selling online isn’t your thing, try asking family or friends if they would be interested in your Visa gift card.
Can You Get Money From Selling Your Gift Cards?
Absolutely. You can totally get money from selling your gift cards. The cool thing about selling stuff online is that you can always find a platform to sell items quickly.
This post shares some of the best ways and places to sell gift cards. Some of my favorites mentioned in this post are Gift Card Granny and Gift Cash. You can check out some of those sites to see if those are a good fit for you to sell your unwanted gift cards.
How Do I Turn My Vanilla Visa Gift Card Into Cash?
The Vanilla gift card is a Visa prepaid gift card that is available for purchase in amounts from $10 to $500. It’s great for special occasions and a great gift to give to people if you aren’t sure what to get them for an occasion.
Similar to a regular Visa gift card, if you are looking to convert a Vanilla Visa gift card to cash, you can use all the options recommended in this post to get started. So even though you can’t get money directly from a Visa Vanilla gift card, you can use the options in this post.
Additional Ways To Make Extra Money
If you are still looking for ways to make extra money, check out some of the options below.
- Pick Up A Freelance Gig: Freelancing is one of the best ways to make extra money on the side. Some services you can offer include graphic design, proofreading, editing, virtual assistant support, and much more. Think about all your skills and talents and what people come to you for help. Those are things that you can offer assistance to other people. Places to find freelance works are Freelancer and Upwork.
- Join A Focus Group: Joining focus groups is an easy way to make extra money for your opinion. Brands and different companies look for individuals to give their opinions on different products and services. So as a result, they create focus groups in different towns and seek particular demographics for each session. I recently participated in a focus group for diapers, and at the end of the focus group, I was rewarded $250. If you are looking for a legit way to earn extra money, check out some of my favorite places to find focus groups are: Focusgroups.org and Focusgroup.com.
- Complete Surveys Online: Not all surveys are created equally; that’s why it’s super important to find the most legit one. Some of my favorite survey sites to make extra money are Mindswarms, Swagbucks, InboxDollars, Survey Junkie, and Pinecone Research.
Visa gift cards are super awesome if you need to purchase someone a gift. But If you are looking for ways to convert a Visa gift card into cash, this post shared some of the best ways to do that.
While you can’t directly get money from a Visa gift card from a store or from an ATM, there are ways you can convert a Visa gift card to cash, such as selling the gift card online. What are some of your favorite ways to convert Visa gift cards to cash? Let me know in the comment section below.