Not very long ago I was new to the blogger world and didn’t know much about how to get started. It took a couple of months but I learned a TON of information about how to set up a successful blog and how to make extra income doing so! In this tutorial, I will give you step by step instructions on how to set up a new blog on Bluehost & WordPress in minutes! Woo hoo!!!. Let’s get started! 🙂
- PICK A NAME: Before you sign up for blog hosting I recommend taking a few days to pick the PERFECT name! You will want to pick something that is unique and fits your style and blog style. For example, if you want to start a food blog having a name like “ Lover Of Shirt Fashion” might confuse people so make sure to pick a name that fits into your theme. When I first began my blog name journey I knew that I wanted to mix the worlds of the Creative Arts and Finance and the Lord gave me the name, “ Arts and Budgets”!. 🙂 It was impeccable and I had totally peace with going with that name! After you pick your new blog name, you will need to register your NEW perfect name! Yahooooo! 🙂
- REGISTER YOUR NEW NAME WITH A HOSTING SITE: Your new hosting location will be where your blog will be so it’s very important to pick a hosting site that is trustworthy. The hosting site that I use to register my blog name is BLUEHOST. You can get your domain name directly through Bluehost and make the whole process very easy. If you want to check out BLUEHOST click on the picture below:
- SELECT YOUR PLAN: For starters, I suggest getting the basic package for 12 or 36 months! The 36 month package will give you the best deal but as stated before, go with the plan that fits into your budget during the time of sign up.! Please note: BlueHost charges you for the full 12 or 36 months amount upfront when you sign up. You will be pre-paying for hosting and that’s one of the reasons why they are actually able to offer such great hosting for the small price and I believe it’s totally WORTH it! 🙂 Also, note that they have a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the service during a certain amount of time.
- REGISTER YOUR DOMAIN NAME: After that, just register your new domain name! At the moment you can get a domain name for FREE when you purchase 12 or more months of hosting!
Then, enter your account & contact information:
You will also have the option to add on more options but I only added on the Domain Privacy Protection and haven’t add on any other options currently. With the Domain Privacy Protection, it helps keeps your personal information such as address, email and telephone number safe from the public. Also remember that you can sign up for the additional features later as well.
You’ll then be prompted to enter your billing information and agree to the terms and conditions! Once you finished with signing up and our order is processed, you should see a welcome message from BLUEHOST! Yaay! 🙂
- INSTALL WORDPRESS: BlueHost makes it’s very easy to create a WordPress blog and it’s free of charge! Yaaaay! 🙂
Next, login to YOUR Bluehost account at Bluehost.com and then you will install WordPress!
1. When you are in your cPanel (you will receive a link to this in your welcome email from Bluehost), find the Install WordPress button under “WEBSITE” and click it.
2. Then you will be redirected to the MoJo Market Place. Click on the big green Install button.
3. Then select your domain and then click “Check Your Domain”. WordPress then check the domain to make sure nothing else is installed on it.
4. Next, you will fill in your site title & information.
5. Then Click Install and then MoJo will go to work to install WordPress on your account. (Remember to save your username and password.)
Once WordPress has been installed, you’ll type your site name in the search box and add wp-login.php to edit and update your blog/
Here is an example YoursiteName/wp-login.php (put your domain name where it says YoursiteName).
When you have your login & password from the MoJo Marketplace credential email you will then be able to log into WordPress and see your WordPress dashboard! It might be a little confusing at first but with time and practice you will be a PRO! 🙂 Trust ME, when I started I was clueless but now I explore the WordPress dashboard with a breeze. For more blogging resources head over to my Recommendation page here: Recommendations . Looking for ways to make passive income with blog check out this post HERE!
If you are more of a video tutorial person check out this WordPress Tutorial HERE ! 🙂
Yaaaay!!!! You have now completed your sign up & logged onto WORDPRESS!
USE STUDIOPRESS TO DESIGN YOUR WEBSITE:
Next, you will get to choose your framework for your website! For my blog, I picked the Genesis Framework and Studiopress for my Blog design. Genesis Framework is the foundation for designing your site, and Studiopress offers really exceptional themes. On StudioPress, I went with the theme design from Restored 316 Designs! I absolutely love the themes from Restored 316 Designs and the owner Lauren is very helpful and her team responds very fast when you need help installing a theme. They also have GREAT tutorials for setting up a new theme as well. Check them out here; Restored 316 Designs. If you decide not to go with Restored 316 Designs you can check out the other StudioPress themes as well! After that you will be READY to start writing amazing content and getting your blog UP and running!
This page includes some affiliate links.