This post may contain affiliate links
There are so many ways to make extra income with a blog that the opportunities are limitless. In this post, I will focus on the different outlets to make passive income with a blog. How would it feel to wake up every morning to see that you made money from your blog while you were sleeping? Pretty amazing, right? Passive income is just that! It’s income you can make even while you’re sleeping or out enjoying a day with your family. The great thing about having passive income is that you can actually make income even while you have a full- time job too- like I have in the past! Once you build a great blogging foundation, you can set it up and reap the benefits of having multiple streams of income. If you haven’t started a blog and have been thinking about starting a profitable blog check out my detailed post on how to get started today HERE. Starting a blog has seriously changed my life. I get the chance to connect with a ton amazing people and on top of that I am able to make extra income each month. Two key factors I found very helpful before I started making money through my blog are: 1. Taking time out to write great content (blog posts that are filled with resources and information to help my readers.) and 2. Building trust with my readers. Building trust with your readers is super important and is one of the most important keys to having a successful blog. So, once you have all that down pack then you are ready to really start making extra money through your blog! Woo hoo!! Below are 5 ways YOU can make passive income with your blog- starting TODAY!
1. Affiliate Marketing: With Affiliate Marketing you are rewarded for recommending and promoting products and services that you have on your blog. You will receive a commission for any sales that occur from your referral link. For example, if you are an affiliate for a survey site and post the direct link on your website you will get rewarded every time someone signs up through your link. Pretty cool, right? Check out the follow Survey sites to make extra income and also become an affiliate to make passive income on your blog HERE. Once you get accepted into their affiliate program make sure to write a blog post promoting the post on your site and other social media outlets with your direct referral links. My favorite social media outlet to promote blog posts is PINTEREST and in just one month I have doubled my blog traffic just from Pinterest alone. Check out my post “ 10 Pinterest TIPS that grew my BLOG traffic” HERE to find out why!
There something for everyone in affiliate marketing. Some of the products you can promote are as follow: Cell phone companies, digital products, other blogger’s Ebooks & E-course (after you have purchased them), clothes, crafts, blog-related products such as web design, web hosting and more. The opportunities are absolutely endless in this field.
And… If you are looking for new affiliate marketing programs, below are my favorites!
- ShareASale – This program has a TON of different affiliate products to pick from! I Love it!!!!
- OfferJuice – I just recently started working with OfferJuice and it’s AMAZING. I made extra income very quickly just by promoting their awesome surveys!!
- Bluehost – Bluehost is my probably my favorite hosting site and it’s super easy to use! If you are looking to start a blog… this is A GEM!
- SurveySavvy – This is a pretty cool survey site! I just signed up but so far I am really loving it!
- Linqia – Is another awesome program for sponsored posts.
- Amazon Associate – This program is one of the easiest affiliate programs to join and use! When anyone clicks on an Amazon product you recommend and then purchases that item, you will earn a commission!
2. Advertisements: That’s right, you can get paid by having different ads on your website. I currently use Google Adsense. Basically, I have ads throughout my website and every time someone clicks on an ad on my site, I get rewarded. Check out Google Adsense HERE for more information how to sign up.
3. Resource Page: Yup, by putting a resource page on your website you can suggest the different products & services that you like. It gives the readers a chance to look into your resource list- which is very valuable! Most of the time readers want to know what you are using so they can achieve the same results. So, having a resource page is a huge plus as it will help them achieve their goals. Having a resource page will answer your reader’s questions, help increase your blog traffic and help increase your passive income (If you add affiliate links from some of your fave products to the resource list). After you build a great relationship with your readers this page will generate passive income because your readers will trust your advice and suggestions & sign up for the great products and service that you suggest. Check out my resource page HERE to get an idea of how to set one up.
4. Product: Yesss! Sell your product and services, yo! Everyone is great at something and knows a lot about a subject so why not put that knowledge into an E-Book or E-course? If you have an idea or know a lot about a subject then you can make an Ebook or guide and sell it right on your website. A great example of this method is from Regina at ByRegina.com! Check out her product page HERE. She has a ton of different products ranging from $5 bucks all the way up to $ 300 bucks. Every little bit counts.
5. Sponsored Posts: With brand promotion, you can share and promote products that you actually love and get paid for it. Most of the time, you have to apply to the company directly to see if you get accepted but it doesn’t hurt to try, right?! Some of my favorite are: Linqia, IZEA and TapInfluence .